Webcam, Microphone & Speed Check. Click Here to Test Your EquipmentGet Started
Camera Preparation Instructions
The following videos will assist test takers in the preparation of proper seating and camera positioning and adjustment. Please take the time to set your equipment accordingly. The videos below utilize a Kryterion camera. Purchase a Kryterion camera here
Providing you with the best possible testing experience.
Many of our Clients allow you to take your exam online from the convenience of your home or office. With the use of a webcam and your computer, your exam is delivered to your computer and then visually and audibly monitored by our Kryterion Certified Online Proctor. Contact your Test Sponsor for more information about our Online Proctored exams.
For a successful testing experience, please be sure your computer meets the following hardware and software requirements in the: Download Test Taker Guide for more details.*You may also install and launch your exam using Chrome or Firefox.
Your Test Sponsor or School will instruct you to create an account and register for your exam. Once you select an Online Proctored exam, you will be able to choose the date and time most convenient for you. Often times we have immediate availability! The dates of delivery for your particular exam will vary.
A camera with a heavy base and flexible neck allow for easier placement. The webcam you choose to use will be required to meet the following criteria: or you can Purchase a Kryterion camera here
- Minimum Video Resolution of 720p with a frame rate of 30 fps
- Minimum 50MB available space
- Cord length of 6 ft (2 m) or more
- Manual focus ring
- No auto zoom or auto focus allowed. These features must be turned off
- Built-in microphone
If you experience technical issues please use the options below to get in touch with us and we will be happy to assist you.
If your test sponsor allows candidates/students to re-schedule or cancel on their own, when you log in to your user account and look at the registration you wish to cancel or reschedule, you will find a button that will allow you to do so. Please note that fees may apply.
Please login 10 minutes prior to your scheduled time. This will allow the necessary time to verify your equipment and internet connection is functioning properly and to prepare your testing environment. To test your equipment or see a full video on what to expect, Scroll down to the videos..
- The room must be well lit, quiet, and free from distraction.
- The testing surface will need to be clutter-free and contain only one computer, one monitor, one keyboard, and one mouse.
- Be sure that only the permitted Test Aids are in your testing area.
- You will want to remove watches, bracelets and necklaces as they are not permitted to be worn during testing.
- If you are required to use an external camera (check with your test sponsor) please refer to the video below for more details.